Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30

It is finally Thursday! Talked to my mom again today, and she is definitely coming to spend the weekend. Yay, and not yay, cause she can be kinda annoying. Eh, as long as she's not too whiny it should be fun. So I'm going to head up there when I get off in the morning and take her to the store, take her stuff back to her house, then we're going to head home. I need to get a few things from the store too so that works out well. I need to stop by the storage place and dig out the old dishes because she said she could use them. We're going to give her the old dishes, and the new silverware. We went and bought new silverware because we couldn't find our old stuff, and then like 2 weeks later we found the old stuff. It cleaned up nicely and we liked it better so we're keeping the old stuff :-)

TH won't be home until 9:30 or so Friday night because he has that swimming pool duty. We're going to do movie night Saturday night instead, so I'll probably go pick up the pizza Saturday so I can have it cooked and ready when he gets home. Not sure what we're really going to do this weekend. I guess it depends on what my mom feels like doing. Probably just hang out, though. She's going to bring her iPad. She said she figured she could play games on it, in case I want to play some video games with TK. She says because she knows how I like to play "his games with him." Lol she just can't wrap her head around the idea of an adult sitting down to play video games alone.

Ok so I've decided that I need to quit saying that I'm going to go home and go to bed early. Cause it apparently is never going to fucking happen. Sigh. I did at least go to bed a little earlier today, and I guess I slept well because I got up at 5:00 and I feel pretty good tonight. I did a little kitchen cleaning and got TK up and off to school, then TH and I watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad. I went to bed, and he went to the storage place and brought back a load of stuff. He found my sewing machine and started cleaning it up! It's never going to be the same color it was, but as long as it's clean and it works I'm happy. He got most of the new stuff put away and when I got up I finished cleaning off the table. Stuff is just kinda stacked in the closet of the game room, but at least it's put up. There's still a little bit of stuff sitting around the edge of the dining room but it doesn't look too bad.

We swept, vacuumed, cleaned litterboxes, cleaned all of the little muddy footprints out of the windowsills (again - why in the holy fuck did we think white would be a good idea for windowsills?!?!), hung up the pictures we bought for the kitchen, and cleaned up TK's bathroom. So it actually looks pretty good! I should have mopped and dusted too but I had to stop and get ready for work. It's passable, though. TK straightened up his room, since she'll be sleeping in there. He has actually been keeping it pretty clean, which is surprising. I guess he's just still happy to have a room, lol.

So I tried to get some pictures of our new little fishies here at work, but they didn't really want to cooperate, lol. I finally got a few that aren't too bad.

The little Betta fish. He (she?) is kinda nervous and goes to hide every time I walk over there to look. 

Five little neon tetras. These guys were a bitch to get a half-decent shot of!

Song: Green Day - Working Class Hero. So apparently this is a cover of a John Lennon song. Huh, TIL.

Best thing: Tried on a pair of shorts that are a size smaller than what I've been wearing. They fit!!!

Worst thing: Found a half-eaten lizard that the cats brought in the house :-/

Okey dokeys then.

No comments:

Post a Comment