Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 31

Tired again :-/ Went home this morning and couldn't sleep, so TH and I went through the sale ads and looked at some coupons and stuff. We get paid tomorrow and since we get paid every 2 weeks, twice a year we'll get 3 paychecks in a month. So it's kinda extra money. Sort of. This paycheck is one of those "extras" so we're going to get caught up on a couple of things and try to catch some good sales to stock up on stuff. Toilet paper, paper towels, meat...basically it would be nice to have plenty of stuff to cook and only have to go buy things like milk and bread and shit every week for a while.

We're going to go ahead and get school clothes for TK, too. School starts back August 26th. He has to wear a uniform (even though it's a public school) - black or khaki pants and a green, white, or black polo shirt. The color varies by grade level. Last year was white. That sucked :-/ This year (8th grade) is black. Yay! We'll probably get several pair of pants, several shirts, socks, underwear, and shoes. I think we have almost all of the school supply type things that he's going to need. Last year we bought him a nice Swiss Gear backpack and it's still in awesome shape. So that helps! TH and I need shoes, too. So we probably won't end up saving very much of this paycheck but we'll be able to get a bunch of stuff that we need.

So anyway...I ended up staying up way too late so I slept til about 7:30. Before I went to bed I started some chicken soup in the crockpot. I had some shredded cooked chicken in the freezer so I used that and a recipe for homemade cream of chicken soup (like the canned condensed stuff) and let it cook for a while, then TH added a few cans of mixed veggies and some elbow macaroni later while I was asleep. I brought some to work with me so I haven't tried it yet but he said it was really good! I'm kinda excited - now we don't have to buy the canned condensed soup any more! This stuff is better and much cheaper :-)

Once again I'm going to try to go home and go to bed so we can go swimming. Sigh. I don't know why I haven't been sleeping worth a crap lately. It's really getting annoying >:-( TH and TK are probably going to go by Sam's while I'm asleep, and if we go swimming we might stop at Sprouts on the way home. They have the pork chops on sale again. Nom nom nom.

Dunno what else. I found a few old pairs of earrings so I'm wearing a pair tonight. I forgot how much I like them! I may see about buying some more when we go to Walmart for TK's school stuff.

Oh, and the gates at work are fucked up again. And people are stupid and don't know what to do when there are cones sitting out there to slow them down. ◔_◔

Song: Queens Of The Stone Age - 3's & 7's. Random shuffle!

Best thing: Found another good website for movies and TV shows :-)

Worst thing: Couldn't sleep again :-(

Eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment