Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4

Oh my holy fucking crap. And I thought it was busy last night :-/ I am going to be so glad when this night is over. I know all of the major fireworks displays were tonight so I guess that's where everyone went, and now they're all coming home. Because ho-ly fuckballs there are a lot of people out tonight. Lots of fireworks going off everywhere too, even though in theory they're illegal in the city limits and in the neighborhood I work in. Even at home before I left for work people had already started setting them off. Most of the kitties were hiding under the bed, too. They don't like fireworks either, lol.

So I went home this morning and played a few games of Black Ops 2 multiplayer before TH got up, then he watched me play a game of zombies. I got a chance to play 2 of the new maps! One of them, Rush, is set in a paintball field and the way it is laid out kinda reminds me of a cross between Studio and Grind (from the earlier map packs). The other one, Uplink, is a remake of Summit from Black Ops. It's kind of like a factory setting or something, it's hard to tell. The cool thing about it though is that it rains! But then again I am easily amused :-)

Hung out with him then slept for a while, and he woke me up when he left to do the pool thing. Played with TK for a while then made some dinner. I had put what I thought was pork stew meat in the crockpot before I went to bed thinking I could add veggies later and make a stew. When I checked it later though it turned out to be kinda shredded instead of chunks. So, I added some barbecue sauce and canned beans, made some brown rice, and mixed it all together. It was actually pretty good! I brought some to work and TH said he ate a big bowl full when he got home. I love it when you mess up cooking and it turns out well!

 TK decided that he didn't really want to go with me tonight so I didn't worry about leaving early. I did get to see a few fireworks on the way to work so that was pretty cool. Traffic fucking sucked, though. It was like all of the dumbasses were out wandering around with nowhere to go and nothing better to do. Sigh. At least since a lot of people are taking off tomorrow too the drive home should be nice again. I was actually able to use my cruise control on the way home this morning!

I'm still not looking forward to working tomorrow night. I'm kinda thinking that it might not be as busy, though. Hopefully :-/ Still trying to decide if we're going to go swimming again tomorrow. Dunno yet.

Song: Frank Turner - Recovery. Another new one I've been hearing lately.

Best thing: Holiday pay for working on the 4th :-)

Worst thing: Argedy blargedy traffic and people!! >:-(

Okey dokeys then.

No comments:

Post a Comment