Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22

Well, crap. No swimming today. TK was still awake when I got home so I ended up playing zombies with him for a while. TH woke up and TK went to bed so I hung out with TH, made some breakfast tacos, and didn't get to bed until almost noon. Sigh. Slept til about 8:00 and now I'm at work again. Eh. I told them that I don't care who gets in the way in the morning - I'm going home and going to bed early because I want to go fucking swimming! So there.

I put a package of chicken thighs in the crockpot this morning and they cooked all day on low. When we went to pull them out they just fell apart so the bones were super easy to remove. I had cut the skin off before I cooked them so I didn't have to mess with it afterwards. We ended up with just over 2 1/2 pounds of shredded chicken and I think the package was just over 3 pounds. So we only lost like 1/2 a pound to waste. That's not bad! The thighs were only $1 per pound, too. Definitely a good deal. And there's so much you can do with chicken to keep it from getting boring. I wubs my crockpot :-)

So my sister never called back last night but I talked to our mom earlier and she said that they had found a place to stay for a few days. So crisis averted I guess, at least for now. They still need to find jobs and figure out how to take care of themselves and the kids, though. Talked to our brother for a little while too and he has pretty much decided that he's not going to help them out any more. I think if they would let him, he and his wife would take the kids but my sister would never go for that. The kids would definitely be better off, though. Dunno. This is why I try not to get involved in everyone's shit :-/

Song: Halo Reach OST - Nightfall Suite. From the Halo Reach Soundtrack. This is the music that plays in the campaign level Nightfall.

Best thing: Nice chat with my brother. I don't get a chance to talk to him much :-)

Worst thing: Had some stomach problems this morning. I took some Immodium and it seems to have helped, but it wasn't fun :-/

Yep yep yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment