Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February 27

Well, I accomplished just about diddly squat today, but I guess that's ok. I stayed up for a while playing Lego Batman and then slept til 8:30 and came to work. I stopped at Taco Bell and got a few of those new Stuffed Griller things. They're actually pretty good. I was super hungry but I ate one and now I'm full. I guess I'll have plenty of leftovers?

I was looking around on Craigslist last night and found this one lady with a bunch of different home decor type items. It kinda looks like she buys stuff on clearance or at thrift stores and resells it on CL. Hmmm, new business idea? Anyway, I found  a couple of things that we like, and TH went to meet her this morning and bought them. One is a wooden sign to hang on the wall that I want to give them, and the other is this pretty little six bottle wine rack with green resin leaves around it. I'm thinking it would be perfect to set back in that huge corner behind the kitchen sink.

I ended up going to bed too late to get up and go check the house, so when TH went to pick up TK they went by there. The HVAC guys had installed the vent hood and the air vent covers. The tile guys were working on the shower in the master bedroom and had tile all stacked up in the other bathroom. The electrician had all of the light fixtures laid out but hadn't started installing anything yet. The trench hadn't been filled in yet, either. I wonder how much all of them ended up getting done today? Tomorrow the schedule calls for installing the vinyl flooring, and they should be done with the wall tile, so I definitely want to go by there tomorrow night! I can't wait to see the floor :-) The concrete guys weren't there but he said it looked like they had added an extra board to the forms around the driveway.

Yeah - we had discovered about a month ago that you can look up the results of any inspections on the city's website. Well we checked earlier today, and the driveway layout failed!! The fuck, man? It looked fine to me. Assholes >:-( It didn't give any specifics so I hope it was just something easy to fix and they got in there and fixed it already. Don't slow anything down!!! At least if the driveway is delayed a few days that won't interfere with anything being done inside the house, so there's that I guess. But still. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Holy crap I have a headache tonight. And I'm cold. It's not even really that cold, but I'm cold. Kinda feel like crap, too. Sucks :-/

Talked to my mom earlier. She said my sister's kids are still sick and haven't been back to daycare so she doesn't think my sister would be able to come over Friday anyway. I swear those kids are always fucking sick. Even before they started going to daycare. I don't get it. Oh yeah and don't even get me started on the fact that she gets free daycare, food stamps, cash assistance, Medicaid, and fucking everything else and doesn't even have a fucking job. I don't think she's ever even had a job for more than a few months at a time, either. Fucking ridiculous.

Anyway. Only one house picture, because TH didn't want to get in anybody's way. So, how about the stuff we got from Craigslist, too. Yay, pretty stuff!

Vent hood over the stove. TH said it's all shiny and pretty - we'll see how long that lasts, lol. I'm...not sure why it's plugged in like that - there's no electricity in the house yet?!

The sign that we bought to give to them. It's perfect because they're both hunters!

Our purty new wine rack. We usually don't really keep wine around but I guess we could buy a few cheap bottles to make it look good?

Song: Cake - No Phone. I used to have this as a ringtone, lol.

Best thing: Purty house stuff.

Worst thing: Fucking driveway inspection >:-(

Yep yep yep

No comments:

Post a Comment