Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25

Holy shit it is windy tonight. It has been like this all day though. If this freaking guardhouse doesn't blow down around me I will be fucking amazed. One of the metal gate bars blew off earlier today, and the rest of them are shaking like crazy. There were power lines and trees down all over town. The worst I actually saw were trash cans all over the road, so that was good.

TH, the butthead, went by the house on his way to work but he didn't tell me he did until after he got home. He didn't take any pictures, either >:-( Although really, when he got there everybody was there and busy and it was a huge clusterfuck, so whatever. He chatted with the foreman for a little bit, and got to hear him bitch about everything that was going wrong. He's kind of a perfectionist, lol.

So this morning I went to bed kinda early, and when I went to pick up TK we went by the house. We have cabinets!!! All of the kitchen and bathroom cabinets are set. They delivered the doors for the linen closets, and they're just raised panel wooden cabinet doors. All of the other doors are painted white, so I'm not really sure how that's going to look in the hall. They installed doorknobs and towel racks - everything is brushed nickel. I like! Silver stuff is so much prettier than brass. They weren't supposed to deliver the electrical trim out stuff until tomorrow but it's all there today! We have porch lights, ceiling fans, light fixtures, and a chandelier for the dining room. All of that stuff is also brushed nickel. So purty :-)

They also spray painted the layout for the driveway and sidewalk leading up to the front porch. Part of it had blown away though so it looks like a connect the dot puzzle. Tomorrow they're supposed to start actually working on it. That means there will be a little bobcat there digging, and more people. They're also supposed to finish setting the baseboards around the cabinets, and install the countertops! I cannot freaking wait to see what the countertops look like! TH said the foreman was talking about having the electrician go ahead and dig the trench in the backyard for the electrical hookup, too - I guess since he'll be there already installing light fixtures and everything? I'm thinking about waiting until TH gets off work and meeting him over there to check it all out. That should give everybody time to get finished and gone, hopefully.

I still haven't received my last financial aid disbursement, and I'm pretty sure they were supposed to have all gone out by last Friday. I'm starting to get just a tiny bit concerned about it - we're sorta counting on that money :-/ I guess maybe I should call them and find out what's up. I'm just afraid that if I call them they'll say there's some reason we're not going to get it, and then we'll be fucked. Sigh.

I wonder if anybody else ever feels like they're not...real? I don't know how to explain it. Just...not really real.

I dunno what else. I'm kinda sleepy and my brain hurts. I don't get it. I did make dinner tonight. Breakfast tacos for dinner, yay! Played a little Black Ops 2 with TK when we got home. I read that the new map pack for Halo 4 came out today. I still haven't played anything on the first map pack that came out in December :-/

Anyway...house pictures!! I took 37 pictures today, lol. I wanted to make sure I got everything so TH could see it all. Turns out he saw it before I did. Cough-asswipe-cough :-D

Cabinets over the stove.

Pantry cabinet - between the stove and the back door. I wasn't expecting it to have 2 doors!

Kitchen sink base, in the corner. Empty space to the right will be the fridge, to the left will be the dishwasher.

And just for the hell of it, a video. I didn't make this, but it's funny as shit.



Song: P!nk - Family Portrait. I love her. She's foul-mouthed and opinionated :-)

Best thing: Cabinets!!

Worst thing: Stupid freaking wind :-/

Yeehaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment