Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 12

Kinda tired tonight, but I'm not really sure why. I went home and took the headache/sleepy medicine as soon as I got there, and I was in bed by 8:30 or so. I kinda thought about taking a quick nap after I picked up TK but that didn't happen. I still have one of the Rockstar 2x's that I bought last night so I'm drinking one of those. I should be fine. And tomorrow is Wednesday, which means I can go home and stay up for a little while because I don't have to go pick up TK. Yay for quiet video game time! (Hopefully)

TH drove by the house on his way to work, and the insulation guys were there working and the sheetrock was being delivered! I picked up TK and went by there and everybody was gone so we got to go look around. They had finished the insulation, and there is a huge stack of sheetrock in the dining room and half a stack in the living room. It looks like they used the blown-in stuff on the exterior walls and covered it with something that looked like dryer sheet material. I guess that's to kinda hold everything in place? Then on the interior walls around the bathrooms and laundry room they used the batting stuff, for noise reduction. We were kinda hoping that they would insulate all of the interior walls but I guess that's not something that they usually do. There are two inspections that have to be done before they can start sheetrocking it, but if they get them done early enough tomorrow they might start with the sheetrock tomorrow. That would be pretty cool, but I'm not really holding my breath. They also said the painters might be out one day this week to do the exterior, and it's not supposed to rain at all for like the next 3 days so that would be really good timing! It's going to be funny to just show up one day and all of a sudden it's purple!

Oh, so remember that textbook that I ordered and fucked up the address on? Turns out that it was shipped USPS. Our regular mailman knows that we're still forwarding our mail, and for the occasional thing that slips through he just sends it on to us. On his days off though, there's always a different substitute, and they really don't know what's going on. Well, my book was delivered today. While we were at the house the lady next door saw us and came over, and she had my book! She said the substitute mailman dude knocked on her door and was like, what am I supposed to do with their mail? So she took it for us. So yay, my book didn't go to Kalamazoo or wherever!!!! Now I have no excuse for not starting the work for the Psychology class though :-P

Went home and played a little Black Ops 2 zombies and a little online Team Deathmatch with TK. And, I actually didn't get my ass kicked too bad!! I haven't played online very much so I haven't ranked up enough to get any of the good guns or perks or anything. So, I usually get roflstomped running around with my little noob gun. But I actually went positive a few times today! Hey, it's something, lol. TH got home and I hung out with him for a little bit and then came to work. Hooray. Yeah, today is Mardi Gras, right? I kinda expected it to be busier than normal but I guess the people out here aren't really the Mardi Gras type? Works for me!

What else? I dunno, my brain is too tired tonight. So, house pictures!! Pretty much just insulation, lol. But it's the most interesting insulation ever!! Of all time!! :-)
Just be glad I didn't include the picture(s) of the stack of sheetrock. I am not even kidding.


Wall between the kitchen and bathrooms. Insulated with the pink(ish) batting stuff.

Living room. Blown in insulation stuff on the exterior walls. And, half a stack of sheetrock. Ha!

Living room, again. They did part of it weird, I guess because of the vaulted ceilings?

Song: Ben Forbes - These Things Are All On Reddit. Yep, sums it up pretty well. I like :-)

Best thing: Got my textbook!!

Worst thing: Cold and windy tonight. I love the cold, but the wind just sucks ass.

Yep yep yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment