Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 16

Ugh. So one of the guys at work called in sick today. My boss ended up staying and working half of his shift and I came in early to work the other half. Well actually I got here at 7:00 pm but I'm staying until 7:00 am to make it a 12 hour shift. Lovely :-/ On the other hand though, yay for overtime! So, yeah. It started raining while I was on the way here and it has pretty much rained off and on for the last 4 hours or so. I think there's a pretty good chance for more rain the next couple of days. That will be nice :-)

So when I got home this morning TH was at work and TK was still awake. We went to Walmart to buy him some sweatpants and look for a birthday present for TH. Didn't find what we were looking for but we bought a card and some stuff to make birthday brownies. Because nom :-) Got home and hung out for a while, played some GTA V, then my boss texted me to see if I could come in early. Sigh. I ended up going to bed around 11:00 or so and got up at 5:00. Took a shower and chatted with TH for just a minute then left for work. I always forget how bad traffic sucks when I have to go in early until I actually get out on the road. It seriously blows. So now I'm at work, almost 5 hours into a 12 hour shift. At least now it's starting to slow down a little bit. Those first couple of hours were busier than shit.

Noms for the day: Better, but still not there.

Song: Third Eye Blind - How's It Going To Be. Random shuffle.

Best thing: My mom had an appointment today with the doctor who did her surgery. He said that the tests and everything came back and it looks like they managed to get all of the cancer!!! They still want her to do a followup scan in a couple of months, then every 6 months for a couple of years, but right now it all looks good :-)

Worst thing: Stupid long shift :-/

Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment