Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 27

I slept a little longer today so I'm not nearly as tired! And it's cold again tonight, maybe even colder than it was last night, but there's not really any wind so it doesn't feel as bad. There's already frost forming on the grass out here and there was a little bit of ice on my car when I left for work. It seems like they said that this is the last super cold night we're supposed to have for a while. I think by next week it's supposed to back up to almost 80 for the high. Crazy.

So I stopped by HEB on my way home this morning. There were already way more people out shopping than there should have been at 7 am! I ended up getting the buy a ham get a turkey free deal. The ham was $2.99/lb but when you figured in the free turkey it ended up being a better deal than the ones on sale at Randall's. Plus I found a coupon for $3 off if you spent $10 on HEB brand items. So I got a 10 lb ham and a 15 lb turkey for like $27.00. That's like, $1/lb, almost :-) Got home and put everything up, then TH and TK got up and we made breakfast and watched the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I think I was in bed by 10:30 or so. Got up around 7:00 and just kinda hung out with them until it was time to come to work.

I'm going to try to go to bed pretty freaking early in the morning so I can get up and help cook dinner. It shouldn't be too hard since everyone will probably still be asleep when I get home. I know TH is going to start on the ham, and he wants to make some cornbread (for himself and TK), and maybe a tray of roasted veggies (nom!). I might try to make one of the cauliflower "potato" recipes that I have found. These peanut butter chocolate shortbread bars look interesting, too. Or there's the jalapeno cheese bread. Hmmmm. Dunno.

Noms for the day: Breakfast - 3 eggs, 3 sausage patties, and shredded cheese. 3 net carbs. Lunch after I woke up - hot dog in a bowl (4 turkey hot dogs, shredded cheese, mustard, relish, and a few crumbled pork rinds). 5 net carbs. Dinner at work if I get hungry - leftover grilled chicken, 4 slices bacon, and shredded cheese. 2 net carbs. Doing good!

Song: G-Unit - My Buddy. Random shuffle again. I had never seen the video for this one - it's kinda cool :-)

Best thing: Only drank one beer this morning before I went to bed. And, I still haven't bought any more vodka :-)

Worst thing: Annoyingly busy at work again >:-(

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment