Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 17

Sunday night, back at work. This is my long week, too. Boo. Sunday-Friday, Saturday off, then Sunday and Monday. After that, off Tuesday-Saturday though, so yay! It seems like it's going to be pretty quiet, at least. Today was the last day of that stupid festival and school starts back tomorrow. So Friday I went home and took a nap, then TK and I got up and went to Walmart and HEB and stopped to get pizza. We were going to go by and see the kitties but TH did it on his way to work. They had fixed the broken window and installed the plug but the vinyl guys hadn't been there to do the entryway yet. I guess that will happen Monday. The electrical inspection is the only thing that is showing up as scheduled for Monday, so I don't really know what is going on there. It seems like they would have called everything in already? Dunno.

So at Walmart we got the shower curtain that we still needed for the master bathroom and the last few hand towels and washcloths that we hadn't been able to find before. We found a comforter set for TH and I and TK picked out one for his bed. I found some more of those Rubbermaid canisters with the red lids for flour, sugar, etc. We picked out a set of potholders and kitchen towels, and found a pasta fork thingie and an ice cream scoop. At HEB they had these small tabletop charcoal grills on sale in all different colors. We bought a purple one, lol. We also found this neat set of red confetti looking mixing bowls similar to the old ones that they have, that we had been looking for on Ebay. I looked for the nice stainless steel set of measuring cups and spoons that we had seen before but they didn't have any :-/ So I still need to find those, and get some cake pans and cookie sheets and stuff like that. Other than that, I think we're pretty much set in the kitchen. We want to build a pot rack but that can wait until we have the time and money. We have everything for the bathrooms except plungers, toilet brushes, and shower curtain liners. I think really the only thing we still need for the bedrooms are curtains. We will need to buy some cleaning supplies and stuff like that, of course.

Finished up at the stores and went home and played a little Black Ops 2, then cooked the pizza before TH got home from work. He said he was in the mood for a silly movie so we watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I found the whole movie on YouTube! This has to be my absolute favorite movie ever. Of all time :-) Stayed up and hung out with TH a little while, then he went to bed and TK and I played a little more before we went to bed.

Saturday we got up and went to see the kitties, but first we stopped by to see his buddy that lives in our neighborhood. We stayed and chatted with them for about an hour. I really like the mom! That makes it so much easier when I can tolerate his friends' parents. They can't wait for us to move back. I imagine we'll spend a lot more time hanging out with them once we do! Went to the house to see the kitties and wandered around the house for a little bit. We're still so excited, and it just makes it worse knowing that it is sitting there finished, and we can't have it yet! Hopefully the inspections ad shit will happen Monday, then they have to call for the gas meter to be installed, then we do the walkthrough. TH seems to think that it will take 2 or 3 days for the gas company to come out but I hope he's wrong :-/

Went back home and hung out til TH got home, then messed with him for a while til he went to bed. Stayed up a little longer playing with TK then I went to bed. Didn't sleep very well, either. Slept off and on until about noon Sunday then got up and played some Black Ops 2 online Team Deathmatch. I kinda kicked ass in a few games! It was fun :-) Took a quick nap, and now I'm at work. Yay.

Not really any house pictures. A little bit of kitty stuff, though. Yay!

Naga Naga! Silly hairy poofball kitty.

Song: Maroon 5 - One More Night. Random shuffle, yay.

Best thing: Not as busy at work.

Worst thing: Tired :-/

Yep yep yep.


No comments:

Post a Comment