Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3

Got home this morning and played a little Black Ops campaign. Thought I was grabbing Black Ops 2, but oops. I forget where I quit - I kept getting my ass kicked so I finally just said fuck it. I started on the prison level and I kinda don't actually think I even finished the whole level. Dunno. So then....we went and met with the builder, and picked out colors and stuff! She also had some photos of the interior of the other house (the Purple house), and it looks really nice inside! I thought it would look more like a cheap apartment or something, but  it was all shiny!! I was really surprised, there was a lot more to choose from than I thought there would be. Made my brain hurt, lol. I really like what we decided on, though. Now we just have to hope that nothing we picked has been discontinued :-/ We'll find out in the next few days...

I forgot we had taken a picture of one of the other houses that our builder did:

The Purple house, our inspiration...this is what ours will look like, but  the floorplan is reversed

We decided on a little bit darker purple than the Purple house, with a turquoise trim and dark purple door. They weren't quite finished yet in this pic, but the columns and porch rails and little roof bracket thingies (technical term!) will be the trim color. The Husband (TH) has a pic of it all finished, I'll have to get it from him. The windows are white. Light grey shingles. Dark grey carpet in the living room, hall, bedrooms, and closets. Kinda whitish-grey on the walls. It's funny, the carpet color is called Winter Storm and the paint color is called Snowbound. I'm easily amused, lol. Wow, and I just realized that's also the name of a Halo 3 map. Fucking awesome :-D Kitchen, dining room, entry, and bathrooms will be sort of a brownish/greyish quartzy looking tile. Hard to describe. Kinda medium/honey oak looking cabinets. Countertops are trippy looking, but freaking cool. It's called Verdi Oxide (I think), and it's like a greenish/bluish/coppery swirl. Definitely different. It looks much better than in the picture.
Wilsonart Verdi Oxide
Countertop!!

The backsplash is made of 12 inch tiles, but they'll set them diagonally so it's a neat looking diamond pattern. They're a darkish brown, with a bluish grout, to kinda tie in with the countertop. They'll use the same tiles in the bathrooms, for the tub and shower. Then just a generic cultured marble looking vanity, so it will kinda go with the tiles, too. It's gonna be awesome!

Went by the house, and they were smoothing it all out to start setting the forms for the slab. There is a lot more that goes in to building a house than I realized. I guess I never thought about it. Soooo many inspections. Hopefully that won't slow anything down, grrrr. They said if everything goes according to schedule, they could be pouring the slab by Tuesday the 15th. I wouldn't mind if they had to wait til Wednesday or Thursday, then I wouldn't have to worry about trying to sleep and pick up The Kid (TK) from school. Working nights sucks sometimes :-/ But, it's (usually) nice and quiet. So there's that, I guess.

House (Lot?) today! Smoothing it all out.

Went home, ate a burrito, drank a 4 Loko (not the best idea, that late), stayed up later than I should have playing Black Ops Zombies and Team Deathmatch with TK. Now I'm holy crap so tired. So glad it's Thursday night! This has been the longest few weeks freaking ever. I'm ready for the whole holiday shit to be over, everybody go back to work and school and everything go back to normal. Except that I'm not ready for classes to start. I'm kinda over the whole taking classes thing. I've been able to bullshit my way through the last few semesters, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to do that this time. Texas Government has stupid discussion boards and fucking Philosophy has non-multiple choice tests and essay questions. I'm gonna have to fucking study shit and I don't want to. So there :-P

They're talking about a chance of snow tonight. I want to be back home so bad. I don't remember if it snowed last year, seems like maybe, but it didn't stick? Dunno. It's all a big shitty blur. The year before, though, it snowed in the middle of the night. I was off work, and I woke TK up and we went out and played in it and froze our asses off. We made snow angels and footprints in the street. It was so still, and so quiet, it was like we were the only people for miles around. The kitties came out to see, they were so funny. I'm so glad I have those pictures and videos. The next day, everybody out back, and Runt-Runt up on the trampoline digging around in the snow. Shit.

I have one video that has her (Runt-Runt), Gypsy, and Prozac (kitties) all in it, out in the snow. Fuck I still miss them so much. In April 2011, Prozac drowned in the swimming pool, while we were filling it up. I guess she fell in and the water wasn't high enough for her to get out. We finished filling it up, put the ladder in, and bought one of those pet ramp things in case anybody else fell in. Then, we tossed every single cat in the pool to see if they could get out. They all swam straight to the side and went over the edge. So there shouldn't be any more kitty cat pool accidents. I still feel like I could have prevented it, because I kinda thought about the possibility of something like that happening. I know I worry too much but sometimes it's not just being paranoid, there's something to it, you know?

And then that same year, on Tuesday, November 15, at 3:13 AM (the day before TK's birthday, no less) we had the fire. Thank the whatever the hell it is you choose to believe in that it happened when it did though, because at the time, TH and I were both working nights, and because of our schedules Monday was the only night we both worked, and TK stayed at a friends house. Had it happened any other night, one of us and TK would have been home. It started in TK's bedroom - a plug shorted out and caught the loveseat on fire. He probably would have died. Shit. Even now, still, just thinking that makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. I can't even describe how that makes me feel. Gypsy and Runt-Runt didn't make it. They were asleep, they had to have been. I have to think that. They just didn't wake up. Everybody else (kitties) made it out ok. They've spent the last year living in the backyard and what was left of the house. Well, now that we've finally started work on the house they're in the shed. Soon, though. We'll be home. There is finally an end in sight. I miss having the kitties around. I think I resent the dogs because they're there (where we're staying), and the kitties aren't. So anyway, that's where the whole "building a new house thing" came from. I'll get around to it all eventually. Try to keep up, it may be a strange trip :-)

Best thing: PICKING STUFF FOR THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!!!!!  :-)

Worst Thing: Finding out this morning that they're not going out of town this weekend. They don't go every weekend, but more often than not, it seems like. It's nice because I'm off on the weekends and we're there alone, so it's kinda like being in our own house. It wouldn't normally bother me too much, but tomorrow's my birthday. I wanted to do a movie night/junk food/video game type thing, but we really can't do all of that when they are there. So it's like, yeah it fucking figures. *Sigh* I am so fucking ready to go home.

Song: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive. From Assassin's Creed 3. Which we have, but I have yet to play. So many games, so little time. *Sigh* Stupid work. And school. And sleep. And...rabble rabble rabble :-P

Yeehaw, ya'll.


No comments:

Post a Comment