Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 10

Well, here we go again. Sunday night, back at work. I'm tired tonight but not as bad as I thought I would be. So that's good. Not much going on here at work. So far tonight it has been pretty slow. I think some of the kids who are going back to college left over the weekend so I'm sure that helps. And then school starts back 2 weeks from tomorrow!! I seriously can't wait :-) Not for TK, though. We've actually decided that since the high school he's supposed to go to this year kinda sucks ass we're going to try out one of the online schools. It's a fully state accredited public school so it follows all of the guidelines and everything of the regular public schools. Graduation requirements and everything are the same, it's just basically like taking online classes at the local community college versus going to class. And since it's considered a public school, it's free :-) So we'll give it at least a semester and see how it goes.

So let's see. I stopped by Randall's on my way home Friday and picked up a couple of pizzas. Got home and TK was awake so I stayed up with him for a while. Took a nap after TH left for work, got up before he got home, and made burgers for dinner. We watched a couple of episodes of Prison Break for movie night then I went out Lyfting. I only ended up getting 5 rides but I made $87! Plus $30 in cash tips from one group who I took downtown at the beginning of the night and then picked up and brought home at the end of the night. They were a trip, lol. I tried to tell them that I wasn't allowed to accept tips but they just kinda "left" it in my cupholder when they got out of the car. So that was cool :-) Got home a little early because it was pretty slow and TK was already asleep so I stayed up for a little bit then went to bed.

Saturday we slept kinda late, did some laundry and cleaning, then played some GTA V until time for TH to get home. TK's buddy ended up not being able to spend the night but I went ahead and cooked the frozen pizzas because I didn't feel like coking anything else, lol. TH got home but I was still tired so I took another quick nap and then went out Lyfting. I ended up doing better than the night before - had a couple of longer rides that paid well. Although somehow my last ride didn't get calculated right! It showed up on my pay summary as something like 11 minutes and only .7 miles but it was more like 25-30 minutes and 15 miles or so! I emailed them today so hopefully they will be able to fix it >:-( Anyway, I finished up out there and TK was still awake when I got home so we stayed up and played some more. We ended up going to bed around 11:30 (am) and I slept until 8:00. Got up and took a shower, chatted with TH for a few minutes, and now I'm at work. I didn't really feel like messing with dinner since TH and TK had leftover pizza so I made a salad and stopped by Wendy's on my way here for a couple of Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers to put on top of it. I'll take the buns home and TH can use them for breakfast sandwiches, lol.

So I found out Thursday that I was approved to drive for Uber too, and they shipped my little welcome kit. This includes the iPhone that you're supposed to use for their app. It's supposed to be delivered Monday so I'll be able to use it next weekend! I'm curious to see how trying to drive for both of them works out! I know a lot of people do it so it shouldn't be too hard. I just need to figure out how I'm going to keep 2 phones charged up the whole time I'm out there. Hmmm, lol. Oh, and I'm supposed to get my referral cards for Lyft on Thursday! I've given out my referral code to a couple of people but it will be better to have an actual card to hand out. It gives the passenger their first ride free when they download the app and I get a $10 referral bonus. Score, score :-)

Noms for the weekend: All keto!! And and and, I only drank a couple of beers on Friday and Saturday nights after I got home :-)

Song: Paramore - Ain't It Fun. A new one!

Best thing: Pretty good Lyfting weekend!

Worst thing: Found out that tonight is my cop buddy's last night out here as a patrol officer :-( I though he was going to be here for another week or so but nope. Sigh...

Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment