Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29

Stayed up too late today, so I'm a little tired. Not too bad, though. Went home this morning and swept, cleaned up the kitchen a little, and started the dishwasher. Got TK up and off to school and played a little Black Ops 2. It was kinda nice :-) Hung out with TH for a little bit, then went to bed. I guess I slept pretty soundly because the neighbor next door had someone out in her backyard working on the shed but it didn't keep me from going to sleep.

Got up a little bit after TK got home and made dinner. The last time I was at HEB they had a couple of Tortilla Soup kits in the produce section marked down from $10!! to $2. I bought 2 of them. Basically it was diced onions, bell pepper, garlic, a little bit of corn, a packet of diced tomatoes, precooked chicken breast strips, a packet of spices, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, half a lime, and a packet of tortilla strips. For soup you just kinda stirfry everything, add water, and cook. You could also make it into a casserole by adding uncooked rice and water, simmering it, then dumping it into a pan and baking. I made one of each, but added a can of corn and a can of black beans to each one. It was awesome! I think we will definitely be making those again. All I need to do is figure out for sure what was in the spice packet, and I pretty much always have the other ingredients on hand. Yay! Tomorrow night is TK's night and he has decided on soup (ramen) and grilled cheese sandwiches. I think I'll add some veggies to my soup.

So last night I ate 2 of the tortillas with the roast/veggie stuff on them, the strawberries, the banana, the yogurt, and a granola bar. When I got home I had a box of jalapeno poppers (8) and 3 small bags of chips. I ate 2 light string cheeses when I got up, and about half a bowl of the tortilla soup. I still have one tortilla and a little bit of roast stuff at work, and a banana, yogurt, and tangelo. We'll see how long it takes for me to get hungry.

It rained a little bit today, just enough to really get everything wet. The towel in front of the kitty door seems to be slowing down the muddy footprints a little bit. I should have vacuumed and mopped today, but all I did was sweep. I forgot to empty the dishwasher, too. Guess I know what I'll be doing when I get home in the morning :-/

TH tested the Super Nintendo and said that it works! He hooked it and the PS2 up to the big TV in the living room and TK played on the PS2 for a little bit. I can't wait to have a chance to mess with it! It looks a little weird on that big TV - I guess we're just so used to the awesome graphics that everything has now. Eh, I don't care, lol.

Pictures...kinda, I guess? It's something, at least :-P

My Super Nintendo! It's not pretty anymore, but it still works. TH bought me these wireless controllers a long time ago for Christmas. I'm not sure where the original controllers are anymore :-/

Baby Stupid Snipe, being adorably stupid.

Song: Biffy Clyro - Black Chandelier. Heard this one a while back on the new music thingie on Sunday nights. Finally found it tonight!

Best thing: Both of my old consoles still work :-)

Worst thing: Headache :-/

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment