Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24

Didn't really do much again today. I had kinda planned on going home and playing video games for a while but that's hard to do when TH is there. So I ended up hanging out with him all morning. It's nice, but sometimes I miss him working the morning shift. That way I could go home and be alone for a while, and just do whatever. Sigh. It was cold and windy this morning so I gave TK a ride down to the bus stop. Ate a few pizza rolls and a small bag of chips for breakfast. Stayed up pretty late but slept til almost 8 so that wasn't too bad.

TH made dinner - stuck the pork roast in the crockpot and chopped up the veggies to go in there. He also went to put his vacation check in the bank and stopped at Sprouts for a few more packages of the pork chops before they go off sale. Stuck them in the freezer already. I'm thinking maybe either tomorrow or Friday we may go look at freezers. We figured out we should have enough extra left from his vacation check to get one. Yay! We're trying to figure out what size, though. We could get a 5 cubic foot that will fit in the corner of the dining room between the kitchen and the living room, or for about $40 more we could get a 7 cubic foot but it would have to go somewhere else in the dining room. Probably under the side window, but I'm afraid that once we put a table in there it would feel crowded. Dunno. I'm trying to visualize how much size difference there really is between the two but I really can't. I guess I need to see them first.

I ate a bowl of the roast and veggies for dinner. I brought a small container of leftover refried beans, guacamole, and salsa, and a bag of veggie chips. I also brought a container of frozen stir fry veggies. Yay, veggies! I haven't weighed in a few days. I'm kinda scared to. I hope it has gone down some more but I figure just watch, it will have gone up :-/ And that's why I should really stay away from the scale. I just need to remember that I'm eating better, which makes me feel better, and that's really all that matters, right? Yeah right - that's not all, lol.

I still don't know for sure whether Mom is coming over this weekend or not. I guess I should probably try to find out before I come to work tomorrow, if I'm planning on going up there after I get off Friday morning. If she comes, then my brother and his family will come have lunch Sunday afternoon. I talked to them (TH's sister and her husband) today and they're coming over for dinner next Wednesday. Eeek! I have to figure out what to cook! It's not easy with them, either - they have pretty basic tastes. And I have to come to work afterwards so I can't even get drunk. Sigh.

One of the patrol guys that comes through here at work is leaving. Today was his last day. He's one of the ones who stops and chats every day. I think I'm gonna miss him :-(

TK has had those standardized tests at school for the last few days. Today was the last one so I stopped and bought a bag of sour gummy worms on my way home this morning, made a stupid little label for it, and put it in his lunch. He thought it was hilarious :-) I'm still doing the picture printout every day, too. I've started putting them in his lunch instead of his binder, though. It's easier.

They changed the timing on the sprinklers here at work. They used to go off early in the evening but people were complaining that they got wet when they drove through them or were out jogging or whatever. So now they go off in the middle of the night and if it's the least bit windy I get wet standing outside. Cause fuck the guards, amirite? Plus they use "reclaimed" water so it alternates between smelling heavily of bleach and smelling of raw fucking sewage. Thanks, you whiny little fuckers >:-(

Hmmm, what else? Not really any pictures or anything today. Just not really too much going on. I guess that's kinda good, though.

Song: G-Unit - Beg For Mercy (Explicit). Probably not the best song if you're easily offended :-P

Best thing: Won $2 on a $1 scratchoff ticket!

Worst thing: My buddy's leaving :-(

I guess that's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment