Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 17

Welp, here we go, lol. This past week has been Spring Break, plus one of the huge music festival thingies that always brings a shit-ton of people to town. So it has been busier than shit here at work and the traffic has sucked fucking ass. But it's Thursday night, so yay. I'm working Saturday night though, which kinda sucks. I ended up staying an hour and a half late this morning and I'm pretty sure I'll do the same thing again tomorrow morning. We're super short-handed again because my boss quit. Le sigh. They have a new lady to replace him but she's not supposed to start until next Friday. She came in one day this week to train though so I did get to meet her. I think she's going to be alright. She's an older lady, kinda reminds me of a teacher or something, lol. So hopefully she'll stick around for a while...

So let's see. Today is St. Patrick's Day. Woohoo, lol. Yesterday though was our anniversary :-) TH and I have been married 17 years now! We both had to work so we didn't really do anything but I made him a cute little gift basket with some snacks and lotto tickets and stuff. He liked it :-) He snuck off to target while I was asleep and bought ponies for me! They're soooooo freaking cute!!!!! And then tomorrow night I'm going to cook him a special dinner. He loves chicken fried steak but I've never actually made it. So I'm a little nervous :-/ But I'm going to do chicken fried steak, macaroni, roasted brussels sprouts, cornbread (or something), and these little lava cakes. So it should be interesting, lol.

Hmmmm, what else? We got all of the shelf basket thingies installed last weekend (weekend before?). Oh, and the baker's rack. And, we like the little bakers rack so much that we ordered another one to use as a pot rack. It'll also give us a little extra storage. We should be able to get it put together this weekend :-) I'm also trying to convince TH to buy a new grill. Right now we have one of these, and it's a good little grill, but he really wants a smoker. Some of them are really expensive but he found one that's not too much that pretty much has everything he wants. So we might go look at those this weekend too.

Oh, and last Friday my buddy from work came over again :-) We made enchiladas and cornbread and hung out and, this time, didn't get quite so drunk. So I didn't have to spend all day Saturday recovering again, lol. It was fun though!

Noms for the days: I've actually just added a link to MFP on the top bar. So I guess there's no need for this anymore, lol.

Song: Tripping Daisy - My Umbrella. Random shuffle.

Best thing: Yay, overtime...

Worst thing: Eh, overtime...

Okey dokeys then.


1 comment: